- HPC – Health Professions Council
- RCSLT -Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- ASLTIP -Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice
- Makaton – Using signs and symbols to encourage communication along with verbal language
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). An approach that uses photos and symbols to help children communicate
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCI). A programme which focuses on working with parents to adapt their own interaction styles to help develop their child’s language.
- Social Communication, Emotional Regulation, Transactional Support Model (SCERTS). An educational model for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated difficulties
- National Autistic Society (NAS). UK’s leading charity for children diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Talking Point. Information website for both parents and professionals
- Talk To Your Baby. A great website focusing on a child’s communication skills from birth to 3 years with free downloadable resources to try.